Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Short trip for the 4th of July

Well, in a bit of spontaneity we decided at the last minute to go away for the 4th so we are now in lovely Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, the "gateway to the smokies". That would be the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for those of you who maybe uninitiated. Now having grown up in the shadow of the smokies, I've been through Pigeon Forge many times, and it is a very interesting place. Home to such attractions as Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, and several outlet shopping malls, not to mention the roughly 5 mile strip of bumper to bumper traffic in and out of the area.

Traveling and hotel stays with a 3 year old are always an adventure as well, and so as we attempt to keep to her schedule, I must leave you now so she can watch her My Little Pony DVD on my laptop and then we shall all retire for the evening by 9:30pm. Sigh. You know what, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Until next time. Happy 4th of July!